Donate your car or pickup
Turn your old car into your favorite WRIR programs! Since 2016, twenty-eight listeners have donated their old cars and trucks to WRIR. Selling these vehicles raised over $2,500 for Richmond Independent Radio. Your car does not have to be running to qualify. It just needs to have an engine and be towable.
How Does My Car Become Democracy Now and Edge of Americana? Is this too good to be true?
- You can donate online by going to https://careasy.org/nonprofit/wrir. You can also call 1-855-500-RIDE (7433).
- CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) will take all your information, including that you want the proceeds sent to WRIR.
- You will receive a call from CARS within three business days to schedule a convenient appointment to pick up your vehicle at your home, office or repair shop.
- When CARS’s tow driver comes to pick up your car, you will give the driver your signed title and he will give you a tow receipt.
- There is no cost to you to have the vehicle towed.
- Once the vehicle sells, CARS will send you a thank you and acknowledgement letter informing you of the sale price. If your vehicle sells for over $500, you will receive IRS Form 1098 C.
- You will receive the thank you letter within 30 days after the vehicle is sold.
- WRIR will receive a check for the proceeds from the auction.
Can I turn my snowmobile into Death Club Radio and the British Breakfast?
YES! In addition to cars, you can donate boats on a trailer, planes, motor homes, trucks, operational motorcycles, farm equipment, and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, ATVs, jet skis, etc. Call 1-855-500-RIDE (7433) to find out if your vehicle qualifies.
Why should I donate my vehicle?
- You don’t want to worry about selling your vehicle.
- It is too expensive to repair your vehicle.
- You don’t trust your car to be safe on the road.
- You need a tax write-off.
- You love WRIR!
For More Information: https://careasy.org